Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
Event Category: Devices
Event ID: 1000
Date: 25/08/2006
Time: 07:29:02
User: N/A
Computer: KFBSPSWEB01
Description:
Error: Failure in loading assembly: BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I think this is since I upgraded the system to 1.2.0.0.

Is there something that hasn't been removed when I did the delettion of version 1.1.0.0?

JS
Aug 25, 2006 at 11:37 AM
I am getting the same error and I never had any previous versions installed

Error: Failure in loading assembly: BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32

Some of the install insturctions were a bit different than my set up though.

Following these instructions

http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=SPFORUMS&title=Installing%20the%20Web%20Part

I downloaded and ran the v1.2 msi

This created a folder at C:\Program Files\WPPackager\{14aa60ab-2b6b-4254-b45e-0ef7b8b2a201}
with a SharePointForums-1.2.0.0_Bil Simser.cab and packagerfile and a customaction.dll

STEP 2 said:

"The SharePoint Forums Web Part is made up of two .NET assemblies. These are:

1. BilSimser.SharePoint.Forums.dll
2. BilSimser.SharePoint.Forums.Core.dll
"

However the cab file only had BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll and BilSimser.SharePoint.Common.dll (which we had already register in the GAC in step 1)

I copied the forums.dll into C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\46dfe4f0-8b6e-4c69-8018-dcee55289951\appbin
(which is the central admin port)
and C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\6000\appbin (which is the site i want to test the forums on)

STEP 3 says copy this lot into web.config

"<SafeControl
Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32"
Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.Controls" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl
Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32"
Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl
Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.Controls.Common" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl
Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.Controls.Base" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />"

I also changed the web.configs in these central and the site on port 6000 to add the appropriate safe controls

STEP 4
Said copy the wss_medium file at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\60\config

I didn't have that so i used C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\config\wss_customtrust.config

I reset IIS and have added the dwp to my site.

But i still get the unsafe controls message when i try to add the webpart to a page

I also changed the application pool to use a local administrator user and reset again.

Any other ideas?

Aug 29, 2006 at 9:29 AM
Also to mention that according to this post

http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=SPFORUMS&ForumId=75&ThreadId=1009

which says

"I've tried the installer's .msi package on my sps server and the install blows up. I posted the errors but it looks like my posts, in both the developer and the user forums have disappeared.

I run the .msi, select "all virtual servers" and click OK on the "Install into the GAC..." dialog."

I never saw any kind of gui when i ran the msi package??
Dec 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM
is it possible to directly 1.2 version as i am not getting previous version download from site..........
pls help i have run SharePointForums-1.2.0.0.msi and opened the web part in new blank site to create forum ....but not able to do that.

can i have presvious version download.