Member with no name

Topics: User Forum
Aug 29, 2006 at 3:10 PM
I seem to have got a Member of our forums with no name. Is this a bug?

I'm also having problems because I get the 'unexpected error' page if I try to view a particular forum, if I try to view Today's topics and also if I try to recalculate totals.

I guess the problems could be disconnected, but I'm wondering if they are related to this account with no name.

Any advice?
Aug 29, 2006 at 5:09 PM
Think I fixed it.

The backdoor to .../lists/spforums_users/allitems.aspx showed there was a second username for me. Another one seemed to appear everytime I did a recalculate totals (which failed).

The backdoor to .../lists/spforums_topics/allitems.aspx seemed to show an item called something like 'unknown topic' with zero posts. I tried various things but nothing worked until eventually I deleted it. Then the problems seemed to go away.

I deleted the spare (blank) users it had created for me and then recalculated the totals. It all seems to be OK now. Don't know what caused the problem.

Having the launch tomorrow - just need to get through that......
Oct 3, 2006 at 1:48 PM
we have users of the forums still showing up as their AD Alias' rather than their names. but this is only happening to one or two people rather than everyone.

We have looked at the AD accounts and compared them to those that do display correctly with no apparent differences.

We do have the back door, however does anyone else had this problem and found a better work around??

ccKent