Web Part Error

Topics: User Forum
May 31, 2006 at 7:12 AM
Hi All,
Following instruction how to config SharePoint Forums at : http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=SPFORUMS&title=Installing%20the%20Web%20Part
but still error occur with message :
"A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
Below is my way to config forum, please check for me what's wrong.
Step 01 :
C:\>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\gacutil.exe /i D:\User-Database
\ThanhNguyen\SharePointForums-1.0.0.0\BilSimser.SharePoint.Common.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility. Version 1.1.4322.573
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.
Assembly successfully added to the cache
Step 02 :
Copy "BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll"and "BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.Core.dll"
to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\companyweb.
Step 03 :
Open web.config in C:\Inetpub\companyweb for adding <SafeControl>
Step 04 :
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\CONFIG\wss_mediumtrust.config
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\CONFIG\ wss_minimaltrust.config

adding <CodeGroup> </CodeGroup> after the FirstMatchCodeGroup and before the UnionCodeGroup.

Thanks so much

Thanh Nguyen

Jun 1, 2006 at 10:31 AM
make sure you copied the two DLL files in the /bin/ directory of the WWW-root. That's important.

Also, you could add to the safecontrols: "Safe=yes"

Good luck.
Jun 2, 2006 at 1:30 AM
Hello,

When I create Bin directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot and put 2 dll files info this folder everytime SPS promt me to enter username and password even input administrator account.

Could you show me how to add Safe=Yes?

Thanks in advanced!

Thanh Nguyen
Jun 3, 2006 at 12:11 PM
Make sure you place the BIN directory in the WWWroot directory that accompanies with the Virtual Server you use in IIS. Usually this is wwwroot, but in your original post i did see wwwroot/companyweb, so you might want to check if the virtual server does run in this directory (there's a way to do this described in the install guide).

SPS is prompting you when exactly?

And for the safecontrols, the lines should look like this:

..... Typename="*" Safe="True"/>

So you only need to add the Safe="True" to all the bil simser lines.

Good luck
Jun 5, 2006 at 3:56 AM
Hello

Please access the link below for my IIS
http://www.verzend.be/v/8563655/IIS.JPG.html

when I access my company web it required user name and password, i can not login.

Could I send my web.config to your private email?

Thanks so much

Thanh Nguyen