order and time stamps

Topics: Developer Forum
May 31, 2006 at 10:36 AM
1) on the home page, the date/time in the 'Last Post' column appears to show the date time that the forum was created. Could it be changed to show the date/time of the last post?

2) when you have drilled down to look at a Forum, the Last Post column appears to show the date/time the forum was last viewed, and also the name of the person who created the forum. Could it be changed to show the date/time of the last post, and who posted it?

3) is it possible to have some sort of ordering mechanism on the home page? At the moment, it seems to be ordered accoriding to the date/time you created each element. It would be preferable to be able to order categories/fora - or as a minimum, order categories alphabetically and fora alphabetically within each category.

4)When you display a forum, the topics are displayed in the order they were created, with the oldest first. Could this be changed? My preference would be for the topics to be displayed in the order of the most recent post in each topic (so a topic can be 'bumped' to the top with a new post). If this is not possible, could the order simply be reversed, so the most recently created topic is at the top, rather than the bottom?

PS I was going to ask about stickies, alerts, smilies and adding pictures/attachments, as I think they are important too - but I see someone else beat me too it. Just thought I'd mention it, in the hope that it helps make a good app great.
May 31, 2006 at 10:44 AM
Sorry - with item 4, I meant to say that my preference is for the forum topics to be ordered according to the date/time of the most recent post - with the topics with the most recent post first in the list.

This would allow topics with active contributions to be 'bumped' to the top, and inactive topics to gradually sink to oblivion.
Coordinator
May 31, 2006 at 12:06 PM
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the ordering problem so I'll create some work items based on your suggestions to track the changes. These will be for the next release.