I've broken it.

Topics: User Forum
Jun 1, 2006 at 12:00 PM
I have got a forum (called Incident Command Level 1 - it relates to a Fire Service training course) where someone has posted a message, called test. I replied to it. On the home page, it shows as having one topic, with one reply.

However, if I click on the forum, the topic is listed, but it shows as having no replies. If I click on the topic, the original message is shown, but the reply isn't.

I think I'm going mad....

Eric
Jun 1, 2006 at 12:08 PM
I tried to create another topic in the forum, and that worked fine. I can reply to it.

I tried to reply to the 'test' topic, and that worked fine too.

It now shows 2 topics on the home page with 5 replies. But when I drill down to the forum/topic page, it lists the 2 topics, but says there are only 3 replies in total. It looks like my reply and somebody else's have been counted, but aren't being shown.
Jun 1, 2006 at 3:20 PM
I'm confused now. Returning to it this afternoon, I see that the home page counts topics and posts, whereas the forum page counts replies (which totals the same as posts-topics). So the numbers seem to be OK.

But I'm sure I went to add a reply and it disappeared. Maybe I hit the wrong button? Maybe I am going mad?

I think I'd better withraw this problem report - unless it happens again....?
Jun 2, 2006 at 4:31 PM
I just wonder if it was because the Post and Cancel buttons are so close - did I hit the wrong one?

Any chance they could be separated by a bit more to reduce the chance of this happening?

In an ideal world, there might be an 'are you sure?' box if you hit Cancel - but that is just asking too much....
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2006 at 8:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 314. You may wish to continue further discussion there.