CSS and Look and Feel

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 2, 2006 at 7:00 PM
Is the webpart using the SharePoint default CSS file? Currently, our implementation has dark blue text on top of a dark blue-grey bar for the Discussion Forums >> General bar at the top.

Which CSS file would this be?
Jun 2, 2006 at 7:12 PM
I think it's based on your theme. You can change the theme under 'Site Settings' or create a custom theme
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2006 at 8:41 PM
The Web Part uses the built-in styles so should adopt the look and feel of your system. If not, please post a screenshot and I can take a look.

I'll publish what styles are used where so you can make any adjustments to your base css files if needed.
Apr 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM
bsimser. I have the same issue with the color not matching our theme. I have a customized theme that is black and gray, but the actual SharePoint theme configuration is set to no theme. If there is away that we can manually change the look of the forum without applying a theme this would be simpler than assigning a theme to SharePoint and risk modifying the site's look and feel.
Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Like I said, please post an image of what your forums look like (or email me a screenshot if you can't post it here). At some point I need to put together a style guide but all the styles the forums use are (mostly) the .Userxxx which are meant to be overridden.
Apr 21, 2007 at 6:15 PM
bsimer,
Since you are the "Coordinator" and the post site doesn't have the ability to post images, please provide an e-mail address to send images to.