Forum Webpart MOSS2007

Topics: Bug Hunt, Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Sep 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM
I can't install this webpart in MOSS 2007.
I run SharePointForums-1.2.0.0.msi on the server and next i try to add the webpart to webpart gallery and nothing...
The webpart doesn´t appear.
Can anyone help me?
Oct 2, 2007 at 5:56 AM
I've got the same problem under MOSS 2007 with Version 1.2.0.0 and 1.1.0.0...
Is this a user-problem or is the Web Part not ready to work under MOSS 2007? When will it be ready?
Thanks for any help, this Web Part would be so cool, if I could install it... Good work!
Oct 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM
No the msi install doesn't work with moss 2007.
To success that , I've "unpack" the msi to recover all files (dll, xml files and dwp file) or compil the source :)
install dll to the GAC
write the line in Web.config in app sharepoint
add directory "BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums\1.2.0.0__e516dadc23877c32" in Program Files\common files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\, copy file 1033.lng.xml in the directory.

upload the dwp file in sharepoint, and that work.. Nevertheless i try to post one message i can't. anybody help ...

GREAT WORK Bill :)
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2007 at 1:34 PM
Thanks to nmac for the post! As a less experienced MOSS2007 user I had to dig around a bit to make everything work, so I'm providing my "long version" for other MOSS dummies ;-)

1. Recover individual files from installer program
The individual files must be recovered from the .msi file. There are several way to do this. I used the free utility Windows Installer (MSI – MSM) Unpacker from www.jsware.net. This creates a new archive file, which can be unpacked using WinRAR or any similar program. These are the resulting files:

1033.lng.xml
BilSimser.SharePoint.Common.dll
BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll
Manifest.xml
SharePointForums.dwp

2. Install runtime library to GAC
The runtime libraries must be installed to the Global Assembly Cache. This is normally found in:
C:\WINDOWS\assembly
Copy the files directly to this directory.

3. Upload webpart
To upload the webpart to SharePoint, go to Site Settings – Web Parts and choose Upload. Upload the dwp file.

4. Registrer webpart as secure
The webpart is registered as secure by editing the correct web.config file. There are many different web.config files on the server. I found that the file located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\ had a large SafeControls section, so I edited this. At the bottom of the SafeControls section, I added:

<SafeControl
Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24713753211b034a"
Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.Common"
TypeName="*"
Safe="True"
/>
<SafeControl
Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32"
Namespace=" BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums"
TypeName="*"
Safe="True"
/>

5. Install resources
Go to directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\
Create new folder “BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums”, and in that directory create the folder “1.2.0.0__e516dadc23877c32”.
Copy the xml files 1033.lng.xml and Manifest.xml to this new folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums\1.2.0.0__e516dadc23877c32).

6. Install script
Add the following to the sites default.master, just before the </BODY> tag:

<script>
function ProcessOwsForm(ctl, argument)
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
var LcantSaveText = "This form cannot be saved when previewing this page.";
window.alert(LcantSaveText);
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'];
__doPostBack2(ctl, argument);
}
}
function __doPostBack2(eventTarget, eventArgument)
{
theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theForm.submit();
}
</script>

Don't know if that's the best way to do it, or if any of the steps are redundant, but anyway it works ok for me.
Nov 9, 2007 at 7:34 AM
I am trying to install Sharepoint Forum on MOSS2007? make all steps (1-6) and i get error "cannot import this web part"

The way i am adding is
i click on Site settings > Web Part > upload > browse to Sharepoint Forum.dwp file and click upload.
this is where i get the message

Please help
Nov 12, 2007 at 7:11 AM
Do you have admin privileges?

Oleg_C wrote:
I am trying to install Sharepoint Forum on MOSS2007? make all steps (1-6) and i get error "cannot import this web part"

The way i am adding is
i click on Site settings > Web Part > upload > browse to Sharepoint Forum.dwp file and click upload.

Please help

Nov 12, 2007 at 8:17 AM
knutskaarberg: yes, of course
Nov 12, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Knutskaarberg (or anyone) - How do you assign permissions so a user with contribute rights can access the webpart? Currently I receive an access denied on the page I place the webpart, when the user with contribute rights tries to open it.

If I bump the page to full admin it works for them. By the way thanks for the "6 steps," to install the webpart.

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:00 PM
I uploaded the web part with no problems but I'm getting the following error when I try to add the webpart anywhere on my site:
- "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe."
I added those two SafeControls of step 4 on the web.config of my site, so I can't figure out why I'm getting this message.

Any ideas?
Nov 27, 2007 at 3:34 PM
Actually I was trying that on WSS 3.0.
I think my problem may be missing dependencies.
Nov 27, 2007 at 3:52 PM
In the safe control listed below their is an extra space "Namespace=" BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums"". Once removed it should work.

<SafeControl
Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32"
TypeName="*"
Safe="True"
/>
Nov 29, 2007 at 6:25 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM

tequila00shots wrote:
In the safe control listed below their is an extra space "Namespace=" BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums"". Once removed it should work.

<SafeControl
TypeName="*"
Safe="True"
/>

I have removed the space, yet still receive the error regarding displaying or importing the web part when I attempt to add it to the page.

I followed the steps very closely, but am new to the SharePoint game as well, so I'm not sure where to look to rectify this error.

I attempted this on a WSS 3 platform.

Thx.

COB
Dec 21, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I too received the above error (A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe.) until I performed iisreset on the server. Apparently the changes made to the web.config are not picked up until a restart is performed.
Jan 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM

swalters wrote:
I too received the above error (A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe.) until I performed iisreset on the server. Apparently the changes made to the web.config are not picked up until a restart is performed.

Thanks so much. Seemed to do the trick!
Mar 6, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Hi All,

I've followed the instructions posted by knutskaarberg and double checked that i didn't make any mistakes but after making these changes on my server I can't even access my SharePoint site: http://<servername>/Pages/Default.aspx anymore!

I get a "Error. File Not Found" message.

To double check to make sure I followed the steps correctly for step (1) I copied the files BilSimer.SharePoint.Common.dll and BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll to the folder C:\WINDOWS\assembly

For step (6) i wasn't too sure where the default.master file was so i did a search on the server and found the file was located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL\default.master

Is this the correct file to make the specified changes?

Bit of background on my setup, I'm running MOSS 2007 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition with SP2 installed. My SharePoint installation was working perfectly fine until I made the changes posted by knutskaarberg.

Can anyone offer any suggestions into what i may have done wrong please.

Many thanks,

Rabi

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM
All -- Here are the instructions to install it into a MOSS 2007 environment.

1. Extract the 1.2 code from the msi package.
2. Import the .dwp file into Sharepoint under a root site:
a. Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Galleries -> Web Parts -> Upload Document
b. Choose the Default Webpart Group
3. Add the SafeControl’s included in text file to the web.config of the Sharepoint site.
4. Use gacutil –I to install the .dll’s into the assembly.
a. BilSimser.SharePoint.Common.dll
b. BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll
5. Add on the directories:
a. In Program Files\common files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\
b. Create the directory: BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums\1.2.0.0__e516dadc23877c32
c. Add these files: 1033.lng.xml, manifest.xml
6. Update default.master to include the script included in the text file. Place it right before the “/BODY” tag (at the bottom of the page).
7. Go to the site you want to place the Webpart and then create a new subsite.
a. Site Actions -> Site Administration -> Sites and Workspaces -> Create
b. Enter the name / url name and Yes for Top Launch and Quick Link
8. Setup the security for the Webpart.
a. Site Actions –> Actions -> Edit Permissions -> Ok to Unique Permissions
b. Settings -> Permission Levels -> Edit Permission Levels -> Ok
c. Add a Permission Level -> Name = List Permission -> Under List Permissions check “Manage Lists” -> Create
d. Click on Permissions (in location url) -> Guideworks\Domain Users ->List Permission -> Ok
e. NOTE: This permission is on top of the “default” contribute permissions.
9. Verify the install
10. Have business users verify the install.

************************web.config file changes*****************

<SafeControl Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24713753211b034a" Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.Common" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl Assembly="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e516dadc23877c32" Namespace="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

--in master.default --
--Right before </BODY> tag --
--Located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL
<script>
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
var theForm = document.forms'aspnetForm';
}
}
{
theForm.submit();
}
</script>
Mar 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Hi all,

I have the same problem as Oleg_C. Any idea anyone ?
I'm running WSS 3.0
Thanks.

Lab.

Oleg_C wrote:

The way i am adding is

Please help

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Hi again,

Ok forget this one as well I made a tiny mistake that keep me searching for a while : I realised the public key token of the assembly I added in Windows\Assembly was not the same as in the web.config.
Have a nice day.

Lab.

Labarik wrote:

Hi all,

I have the same problem as Oleg_C. Any idea anyone ?
I'm running WSS 3.0
Thanks.

Lab.

Oleg_C wrote:

The way i am adding is

Please help

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Hi Tequila,

I now have the same problem as you. Did you find a way to fix it ?
Thanks.

Lab.

tequila00shots wrote:
Knutskaarberg (or anyone) - How do you assign permissions so a user with contribute rights can access the webpart? Currently I receive an access denied on the page I place the webpart, when the user with contribute rights tries to open it.

If I bump the page to full admin it works for them. By the way thanks for the "6 steps," to install the webpart.

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:03 PM
I've followed tequila's directions and have been able to get the web part functioning on my MOSS system-with one problem.

When I try and post or cancel, nothing occurs. I can create the text in a post, but the post never submits and I can't cancel out of the post unless I use the back browser button or go elsewhere on the SharePoint site.

I'm also logged in as an admin user with full control rights.

I copied the code and placed it in the master.config file exactly.
Apr 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Hi all, thanks to your directions i got it working on moss 2007, but as JMalone when i click on post or cancel button never happens. I see in discussions that others got this problem. Theres any way to solve it please?
It seems that doing the following is not working also:

--in master.default --
--Right before </BODY> tag --
--Located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL
<script>
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
var theForm = document.forms'aspnetForm';
}
}
{
theForm.submit();
}
</script>

Edited Apr 2, 2008 at 3:46 PM
-
Edited Apr 2, 2008 at 3:46 PM
-
Apr 7, 2008 at 3:19 PM
Labarik - Follow step 8c. You need to create custom list permissions along with the contribute permission.

JMalone - I had this problem until I made a few changes in the master.config file. It's using Javascript on the front end.
Apr 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Tequila,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I don't understand what you mean. I edited my master.config just liek the instructions.

Can you provide me with a little more explanation please.
Apr 8, 2008 at 10:04 AM

tequila00shots wrote:
Labarik - Follow step 8c. You need to create custom list permissions along with the contribute permission.

JMalone - I had this problem until I made a few changes in the master.config file. It's using Javascript on the front end.

Hi tequila00shots,

i have the same problem beeing unable to post, reply, or cancel:-(
Can you or anyone tell me how to solve this problem??

THX a lot in advance
Apr 8, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM
My resident JavaScript guru made one change that seemed to fix the problem for me:

Change the line - var theForm = document.forms'aspnetForm'; to this: var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'] ;

He said that the square bracing might be required, and it seemed to work.
Apr 10, 2008 at 9:03 AM

JMalone wrote:
My resident JavaScript guru made one change that seemed to fix the problem for me:

Change the line - var theForm = document.forms'aspnetForm'; to this: var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'] ;

Thx for your answer, i managed to get it running. What i did was, not changing the default.master, but adding the code to the UpdateMessages.cs.
It seems like it is running like charme now.
The only problem i have is that the reply counts don't work. they allways give me -1 :-(

Any hints on that?

THX a lot

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM
Makes sense JMalone. Looks like the aspnetForm line was changed when it was posted.
May 6, 2008 at 12:31 AM

ibar78 wrote:
Hi All,

I've followed the instructions posted by knutskaarberg and double checked that i didn't make any mistakes but after making these changes on my server I can't even access my SharePoint site: http://<servername>/Pages/Default.aspx anymore!

To double check to make sure I followed the steps correctly for step (1) I copied the files BilSimer.SharePoint.Common.dll and BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums.dll to the folder C:\WINDOWS\assembly

For step (6) i wasn't too sure where the default.master file was so i did a search on the server and found the file was located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL\default.master

Bit of background on my setup, I'm running MOSS 2007 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition with SP2 installed. My SharePoint installation was working perfectly fine until I made the changes posted by knutskaarberg.

Many thanks,

Rabi

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get it to work again ibar78?
May 6, 2008 at 9:52 AM

timd wrote:

ibar78 wrote:
Hi All,

Many thanks,

Rabi

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get it to work again ibar78?

Hi timd, I couldn't resolve the problem and I double, tripple checked that I had followed the instructions to the letter but no luck so in the end I simply had to re-install SharePoint again. I won't be using this webpart until the official release for 2007 has been released as this webpart seems way too buggy for my liking.

Rabi
Jun 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Following tequila00shots's instructions and swalters's restarting IIS, I appear to be in business.  Thanks everyone!  This thread was extremely informative and helpful.
Aug 19, 2008 at 8:16 AM
How to solve a problem with  'Post' and 'Cancel' buttons in MOSS 2007..In the new topic page clicking 'Post' and 'Cancel' has no effect. I have javascript error :   javascript:ProcessOwsForm('ctl00$m$g_66b1ceb4_d999_492c_856a_dc52e200599c$ctl00$btnPost', 'Click');
I saw discussion on this problem but it there is not solved
Aug 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Has anyone tried this forum web part in a MOSS 64-bit environment? 
I am about to try..

UPDATE: 
It is working great so far in 64-bit (so far)- thanks tequila00shots for all your help and precise directions.  This really seems like a nice part.  Now I need to get the photos to show up like in the discussion board. 
Aug 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM
Uh oh... Spoke too fast - getting the following error intermittently:

Attempted to make calls on more than one thread in single threaded mode.
Aug 26, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Does anyone have a complete installation code. I am bit worried about making so many changes to the config files.... :(
Aug 26, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2008 at 1:47 PM
I find solution for MOSS 2007 http://roadburn.audioreload.com/tag/forum/
Anybody can check it?I can't , don't have Visual Studio to compile
Aug 26, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Hmmm I will look at your code Dronsiy...
One exciting thing to report is that LightningTools is looking for beta testers for their new Silverlight Sharepoint Forum Web Part!

The Link

Of course it will probably end up costing a good chunk of $... possibly they give the beta testers a deal.
Aug 26, 2008 at 1:48 PM
Getting the message - Unable to add selected webpart
sharepoint forums 1.2.0.0 cannot import this webpart :(....some one please help...
Aug 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM
If anyone wants to see what this part looks like in MOSS 2007 
posted a screen shot here

amitkumarajain
Did you follow all of tequila00shots steps - it worked fine for me.  Also needed to fix the js.
Jan 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Here is the process I've used to install SP Forums on MOSS 2007

(1) Ran the msi file.
(2) Opened our custom made master, and made the following changes:

(a) put the 'SPWebPartManager' tag inside the form tag

OLD CODE:
<WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager runat="Server"/>
<form runat="server" onsubmit="return _spFormOnSubmitWrapper();">
NEW CODE:
<form runat="server" onsubmit="return _spFormOnSubmitWrapper();">
<WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager runat="Server"/> 
(b) pasted the javascript mentioned above into the <head></head> tag of the master page.

Everything works great, with the exception of posting an item. All of the buttons in the administration work fine, however, the post and cancel links on the add a topic or reply to a topic are still not working. Nothing happens when the link is clicked, no javascript error appears.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time in advance.
Jan 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM
SHARE POINT DEVELOPER

Immediate Requirement

Contact us at : huzefa07@gmail.com or call 09754367658

Job Description:

In the role of SharePoint/.NET Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality dynamic websites and internal and external applications.

Qualifications :

3+ years work experience with the following languages and tools:

• Experience with MOSS 2007
  • Development of custom web parts and integrating enterprise content with Share Point to include content indexing, personalization, workflow and restricting access to content
  • Familiarity with Web Services, InfoPath, WebParts, Workflows, AJAX, and Active Directory
  • Professional standards-based web development using ASP.Net, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
  • .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
  • Good working knowledge of SQL 2005 and SQL
  • Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE
  • Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems
  • Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
  • Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
  • Familiarity with jQuery and other JavaScript libraries
  • Familiarity with Silverlight WebPart

Responsibilities :

• Experience with Share Point Portal Server 2003/2007 (Architecture, Planning, Designing, Developing, Testing & Installation)
  • Understand and translate user interface and business requirements into implementation plan
  • Participate in design reviews with Business Analyst and Infrastructure to ensure the design will meet business requirements
  • Create custom Web Parts & Controls for required site elements using C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net
  • Ensure and manage platform scalability, availability, Train key stakeholders
  • Proactively Identify new content areas
  • Consulting on and designing, developing and deploying Intranet/Extranet solutions and integrating custom applications
  • Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to m
  • Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
  • Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients on schedule.
  • Communicate difficult/sensitive information appropriately.
  • Understand and communicate to clients the benefits of complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
  • Develop an understanding of clients' business and suggest effective programming solutions.
  • Develop positive and productive relationships.
Jan 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM
I figured out my issue -- as mentioned above, the additional javascript is supposed to be added at the bottom of the master page!

Thanks for this great forum!
Feb 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM
If you have trouble extracting the binaries from the MSI package you can download the CAB from http://denli.diinoweb.com/files/Published/SharePointForums-1.2.0.0_Bil%20Simser.cab.
I make no warrants for the files in any way. They are provided as is.
Feb 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2009 at 3:49 AM
I could not get the post or cancel buttons working until I put a script manager in the master page immediately after WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager

Example:

<WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager id="m" runat="Server" />
<asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1"></asp:ScriptManager>

The ScriptManager tag did not work until I installed smartpart 1.3 (not sure if smartpart is needed to get the script manager to work) and installed ajax 1.0 support in sharepoint.

Edit:  tutorial can be found here
Feb 11, 2009 at 1:52 AM
Hi, i still facing problem to allow users with contributors right to access a site with Forum Web Part.
Anyone can help?

I already follow step 8c mentioned by tequila ... still the same prob.

thanks a lot ..
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Hey guys,
I'm facing a problem.
I get the error "Acess to the file "directory"\1033.lng.xml is denied.

Does someone had this same problem?
I'm installing on a WSS 3.0

I followed two examples of installing

Thank you,
Regards,
Pablo Bertrão
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Hi,
Anyone help me for this,
I can add new topics from this webpart under admin.
but in Topic list i can not get topics name link.
but default web part topics list link avilable.
regards,
Sathya
Jun 25, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Sorry for digging the thread guys but i am currently stucked at posting, creating topic. When i press the post button it has some java codes but it does nothing after i pressed it is it because of the permission level that is affecting it?

@tequila00shots

For step 8 can u post with some pics or email me the detailed steps cause i can't seem to find it at sharepoint central.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I've followed your same steps, but get stuck at the "Post" button problem as well.  Did anyone figure out this issue?

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM

adkinsmatthew - try adding the script above:

<script>
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'];
}
}
{
theForm.submit();
}
</script>

at the bottom of the page right before the closing body tag (</body>) .

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Hey  jeremywallace where do we put the codes at?

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM

hatorikazuki: I put it at the bottom of the default master. But you would need it at the bottom of what ever master page your forum is using.

It should be right before the </body></html> (last two lines of the master page).

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:03 AM

@jeremywallace: Hey thanks for the help it works like a charm now, however just saw another problem. When i delete a topic off the topic count under the forum would not be updated as well is it suppose to be in this manner or was it that we are suppose to edit the codes, thanks for the replies in advance. =]

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM

hatorikazuki: Hmm... I never ran into any deleting problems... (We ended up just using the out of the box discussion forum, as that is what the client wanted). Your problem sounds like a bug where the script is not able to update the field to me...

I think the main problem with this web part is that it was written for an earlier version of share point, so some modification needs to be done for it to transfer to the latest version. Having said that, it is an important project as Sharepoint has an extremely limited out of the box discussion forum!!

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

jeremywallace: I see, so we have to download the source code and use visual studio to actually go into the codes and find out where needs updating. Agreed with the part that is rather important project in sharepoint due to it been a better option over the discussion forum. Tried using it seems very limited to me personally at least. Thanks for all the help ya! =]

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM

@TEQUILA

I have created custom permissions for contributors and the webpart appears for them. However upon clickin on 'Post' or 'Cancel' button, nohing happens. I ahve checked the script and it is OK. PLease suggest

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Hello all. I am new to MOSS and have been trying to get this forum installed. i have followed everything you have here on the page and then added the webpart. this is the error i get.

Error reading resource ID="Toolbar.Welcome".

Home |  Search |  My Profile |  Members |  Admin
Forum NavigationForum NavigationHomeSearchMy ProfileMembersAdminTest Category 1Test Forum 1

Discussion Forums

Error reading resource ID="Text.CurrentTime".
Error reading resource ID="Text.LastVisit".
  Error reading resource ID="Text.TodaysTopics". | Error reading resource ID="Text.InactiveTopics".
  Error reading resource ID="Text.Forum". Topics Error reading resource ID="Text.Posts". Last Post Test Category 1
Test Forum 1
This is just a test forum, nothing special here.
1 1 Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:32:10 PM

Error reading resource ID="Text.Information". Error reading resource ID="Text.Statistics".

Error reading resource ID="Stats.Posts".
Error reading resource ID="Stats.Members".
Error reading resource ID="Stats.NewestMember".

any ideas what is going on here? i am a total newbie to this and thought i was doing well to get this far but now i am lost. I cant think of anything i have missed here. i have been reading everything here for a few days.

thanks you.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Hello,

My configuration is Windows Server 2003 SP2 + MOSS 2007 SP1 + ASP .Net 2.0 or Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 + MOSS 2007 SP1 +ASP .Net 2.0.

I've follow this tutorial : http://www.edugeek.net/forums/blogs/stuartwilkie/162-forums-sharepoint.html

Everything was fine but Post/Cancel button doesn't work (no javascript error, nothing happens when clicking, ...).

So, I put the javascript at the bottom of the master page (before </body></html>) as jeremywallace suggested it and everything works fine now.

Enjoy.

JPaul

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2009 at 7:58 AM

To delete.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:27 AM
JMalone wrote:

This was the final piece of the puzzle which fixed it for me.  Thanks JMalone!

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:43 AM

In SharePoint, integrating publishing feature is possible only in MOSS 2007 site and not in WSS site.By turning on publishing feature you can use Web Content Management(WCM) feature in the site.Once the WCM feature is enabled you can then brand the site with your custom look and feel and can also enable the multilingual support in the site. The multilingual feature helps in creating different folder-based sites according to the languages set to the site. While creating a site collection or site & workspaces using SharePoint API , you can add these two lines code to enable the publishing feature.Provided below is an example using C# for enabling publishing feature at site collection level.

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:12 PM

works fine until i try to use it on a site it throws this error:

A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be display or imported. The type is not registered as safe.

But I have put the code in the web.config :( in the place mentioned in the instructions.

Can anybody help me ?

Help is highly appreciated and i will be very pleased ;)

Kind Regards

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Hello;

I installed the Webpart SharePointForum. But I've found that only the system account has the right to use this Webpart.
My question is as follows:
How to enable the Webpart SharePointForum to the anonymous account.

Thank you for your help
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Hello;
How can I give anonymous access to Webpart sharepointforum.dwp knowing that it asks me for authentication.
Thank you for your help