Delete Forums and Categories

Topics: User Forum
Jun 13, 2006 at 6:18 PM
I can not figure out how to delete forums or categories. I see the link for deleting topics, and it seem to work fine. However when I go to the admin section I only see the link to edit forums and categories there is no link for deleting?

I have got around this by going directly to the hidden lists and deleting items from the list, this seem to work but not very user friendly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew
Jul 4, 2006 at 4:32 AM
Me, I can't even find the delete topics link. I can't get rid of my cruddy test posts ;-).
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2006 at 4:57 AM
You delete the first post in a topic. The link is at the top of the page when viewing all the posts for a topic. Deleting the first topic deletes all the posts and that topic.

This has been made clearer in the next release with a "Delete Topic" link.
Jul 4, 2006 at 11:29 PM
Found it! Thanks. Well hidden ;-).

Jul 6, 2006 at 3:59 PM
Well, that helps delete Topics, but what about the forums and categories? How can I delete those?

Regards,
Jeff
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2006 at 10:38 PM
@Jeff: This was a decision that I made to not allow deletion of forums and categories yet just because it had a ripple effect throughout the entire system. However in talking with people on the forum here, users will live with some things being odd (like if an entire category of forums, all their topics, and all their posts vanish) so I'll add it to a future release (thought I had already put it in as a work item but guess not)
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:15 AM
Got it, thanks!

Regards,
Jeff
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:07 PM
@Jeff: I've created two new work items to be included in the next release (842 and 843) that will provide an admin the ability to delete a category and forum.