Source Code Version

Nov 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Hi Bil, I downloaded the source code from the Releases tab. I am successfully able to build the application after i added reference the required dlls.

I am deploying this project fort MOSS 2007. I have succesfully deployed it and am able to view the webpart within my site. But i just realized the webpart version from the Source Code to the webpart version in the MSI package, seems to be different.

When i deployed and used the Source code version I noticed there are few bugs (or incomplete code to be precise).

1. Subject line doesn't show up when you create a new Topic. (Though its a minor issue).
2. Number of replies is not updated correctly
3. There are few indexoutofrange exceptions when accessing messages.
etc

I am correcting them one by one to match the MSI version. Though doing the change is not big problem, but i was wondering if you would have the latest version of the Source Code. I am pretty sure you would be pressed for time, considering you are working on many projects.

But i would appreciate if you could see, if you can post a newer version which matches the 1.2.0.0 MSI version.

The reason why i am working on the source code version is to customize a few things in the forum, like links to user profile, photos of users.. email alerts...etc

cheers,
PS: Great job with the webpart!!!
Nov 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM
I just checked that one more user has posted a similar discussion refering that the source code under version 1.2 is actually source code for 1.1.
I don't know much about 1.1 version. Could you please check?

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:18 AM
Hi,
I am also getting same issue replies -1
when i download source code version 1.2, and navigation option also not in source code.
but when i using 1.2 msi there no issue.
where i can get latest code?

May 4, 2009 at 11:14 PM
The file below fixes the following issues:
Missing Subject Line
Post count showing as -1
Missing sort order for forums and categories
http://spforums.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=67430
Built in VS2005 for use in WSS3.0

I took the 1.1 code, compared it to the 1.2 decompiled DLL source and added the differences. Also added a new feature called Expand topics.
This also fixes some user privilege issues. Normal users can access the forum so long as they are granted Design permissions on the following lists:
spforums_category
spforums_forums
spforums_posts
spforums_topics
spforums_users
spsforums_forum_access
spsforums_groups

Use the free Sharepoint Designer to access the hidden lists: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/FX100487631033.aspx?ofcresset=1
May 28, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Hi Yahoolian,

Just a couple of questions regarding the updated version of SPForums:

Does this version now support viewing by anonymous users?

How do we install this version, replacing version 1.2?

Hope you are able to help.

Cheers,

Bandy