HELP! HOW CAN I LOGIN INTO THE WEB PART WITHOUT BEING ASKED FOR LOGIN DETAILS!

Topics: Bug Hunt, Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 8, 2008 at 12:16 PM
i created a webpart in the home page of my sharepoint but if anyone clicks on any link in the webpart, it keeps directing people to a login page.

can anyone provide information on how to disable the login requirement?
Coordinator
May 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM

tochiparker wrote:
i created a webpart in the home page of my sharepoint but if anyone clicks on any link in the webpart, it keeps directing people to a login page.

Can you explain what you mean by "a login page". Unless you've created forms based authentication, there's no such thing as a login page in SharePoint (and that only exists in 2007 which isn't supported by the web part).

Or are you talking in general and you're not even talking about this project? If that's the case, I'll be deleting this discussion then. This project is not about general SharePoint help, only help on my SharePoint Forums Web Part.
May 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM
I am not sure if this relates.  I am attempting to download a file from the server and it is asking me for a user name and password. But only some of my users. Firefox works fine and some IE users. It is not IE7 specific. If the user cancels the box the files still opens.  This is the standard windows authentication dialog box.