New feature requests

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2006 at 8:34 PM
There's been lots of great feedback on the Web Part so please keep it coming. Also please feel free to log your own "Feature Requests" in the Issue Tracker (you don't have to be a member of the project, just a user on CodePlex).

Log whatever you want (no matter how crazy). I can't guarantee it'll be included, but I do scan the unassigned ones regularily. They'll probably be discussion on new features but if they're just drop dead stupid ones that I should have put in in the first place, I'll just log them and schedule them for one of the monthly releases.

Also if a feature is sitting there and nothing is happening please bring it to my attention (either by commenting on it or talking about it in the discussion forums). Let me (and others) know about it and we'll address it.

Thanks and here's to continuing to make this a killer web part for 2003 and MOSS 2007!
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2006 at 1:25 PM
Just a note about adding your own feature requests to the issue tracker. Please do not assign a release. There's no way for me to prevent you from doing it, but I'll get a little confused as it's not part of our "official" backlog so it can cause some scope problems.

When adding an entry, just leave it to unassigned. We'll figure out if we can make it into a release or not and assign it appropriately (also based on how imporant it is, if it's a bug, etc.)

So when entering new items, just fill out the name and description field. We'll do the rest.

Also don't be afraid to add your own bugs (log them as "Issue") in addition to new feature requests. If we confirm the bug, we'll assign it and get work done on it. Tasks are items we deem that are not new features or old bugs, but things we just need to do like housekeeping or preparation for a new feature.

Thanks!