Dont want to share forums between SharePoint pages

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM
I want to use the forum on 6 pages within a sub-site I have.  Each page is for a different group and we dont want the forums shared as some data is confidential.  But each page right now is picking up discussions from the other pages.  Is my only option to install this forum six times and give each web part a unique name to make this work?

Thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM
The web part currrently only supports being added to a page (one per page). All pages in a site will use the same internal lists for their data. The only option is to create sub-sites each with their own installs of the forums (then link them back through say a content web part at the top level site).

You can submit a feature request through the Issue Tracker here if you want to add the ability to deploy the web part mutiple times on the same site for a future release.
Oct 29, 2008 at 4:51 PM
Ok one more question. If people are not setup with full access to the site, they cannot even load the page because of this webpart. How do I setup permissions so people with less then full control can access my Sharepoint sites?

Best Regards,
Romy

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM, bsimser <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The web part currrently only supports being added to a page (one per page). All pages in a site will use the same internal lists for their data. The only option is to create sub-sites each with their own installs of the forums (then link them back through say a content web part at the top level site).

You can submit a feature request through the Issue Tracker here if you want to add the ability to deploy the web part mutiple times on the same site for a future release.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPFORUMS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPFORUMS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Ok one more question. If people are not setup with full access to the site, they cannot even load the page because of this webpart. How do I setup permissions so people with less then full control can access my Sharepoint sites?

Best Regards,
Romy

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPFORUMS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPFORUMS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Best Regards,
Romy