Code development on the project

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2006 at 7:57 PM
Hi guys,

As this is a shared source project, I do welcome anyone to join up and work on the project.

Please review the coding standards and other "developer" pages on the main Wiki page. This provides some insight into what the code is about (or at least what the intent is).

I do want to maintain a fairly high quality on the code so there are a few rules on checkins:
1. All unit tests must run and pass (green) before any commits are done
2. Any code that involves major refactorings will require approval by myself (for now)
3. Any major changes in architecture, revamping of patterns (say moving to an Active Record approach) or something collosal will require review and approval by me.

Yeah, it's all about me.

Also if I'm not familiar with you or your coding style, I will require that you submit a patch before being added to the project. A .patch file can be created with any patch creation software out there (I'll provide links and create a Wiki page on patching). The patch will just show me (or others) what you're contributing and the style. If it looks good (and works of course) then you'll be added to the project and allowed to commit to the source base (still following the rules above).

Watch for some new pages on the Wiki to flush this information out more but please let me know if you're interested.

I'm just getting the first release of the source code ready for public consumption this week.

Thanks!
Aug 25, 2006 at 7:10 PM
Hi there,

First of all, thanks for sharing your hard work.

Is the code source already available? If so how may I obtain it?

I have great use for a web part based forum and would like to in the process of using it, contribute in improvements where needed.

Thanks!