ASP.NET 2.0

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:18 PM
Just a note that the forums do NOT currently work if your WSS site is running ASP.NET 2.0. Even if it's disabled, there's still a compatibility problem.

After the August release you'll be able to use the forums in this configuration.

I've got a lot of emails from people that have it installed but don't use it (.NET that is) and is this is what's causing problems for a lot of them.

Thanks.
Jul 9, 2006 at 11:35 PM
Interesting :-\

Is this the reason that those of us that are running WSS v2 sp2 on top of the v1.1 release of asp.net are having the authentication issue (I'm going to guess not, but figured that it couldn't hurt to ask).

Cheers!

p.s. this thing rocks...now if only I could transport to August :)
Jul 28, 2006 at 7:05 PM
First off, love the forum web part!

I am just wondering about the .net 2.0 version and the timeframe.

I can seem to get it to run just fine on my Portal Server with ASP.NET 2.0 running, but when I go and submit a form, it just does do a "postback" It seem that the "Post" link just doesn't fire the OnClick Method.

Everything else is ok with my test...it is just the form.

Are you going to be releasing the code anytime soon so I can take a look?

Thanks again for the forums!!
Jul 28, 2006 at 9:37 PM
I'm not crazy. At least not for this.

http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=SPFORUMS&ForumId=75&ThreadId=62
Aug 9, 2006 at 2:25 PM
This doesn't seem to have been fixed in 1.2.0.0.

I removed all forum assemblies from the gac and inetpub\wwwroot\bin and removed all entries from web.config prior to installing.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2006 at 10:48 AM
So you're saying the Post backs are not working in your setup with 1.2?
Aug 11, 2006 at 2:28 PM
Yeah. I removed all of the 1.1.0.0 components then installed 1.2.0.0. I created a new forum in a new site and the post\cancel clicks still don't do anything. I've verified that the forum UI says it is 1.2.0.0.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2006 at 9:52 PM
Craptastic.