Language support

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:22 PM
Thanks to those that have sent in translation files for the Forums. I've recieved German (1031) and Russian (1049) so far.

I'll be including these in a language pack which will be a separate release to the forums and be updated whenever we have updates ready for each langauge.

Also not everything is translated so with each release we'll add more strings that will need translations. Effort will be needed to keep these files updated. English values will be used where we don't have the translation yet.

Thanks for the support!
Aug 20, 2006 at 11:56 AM
On installing version 1.2 we replaced the original language file with a Dutch version. This version was a translated file from the downloaded language pack available on the download page.
And we got some errors. The downloaded files don't contain all the strings, so the webpart very neatly reminded us which strings it missed.
Yeah, maybe a less than smart move to replace the original language file .. ah well, live and learn.
It might be an idea to synch the language pack with the original and update both as more strings are introduced?

Thanks and keep up the good work
Sep 7, 2006 at 6:44 AM
I've made almost full translation into Ukrainian, but I don't know how to change "Discussion Forum" under "Information" and "Forum Navigation".
Sep 27, 2006 at 7:08 PM
Is there a reboot or IIS Reset required to get the additional langauges to display? You can have multiple langauge translation xml files installed correct?

Thanks
Oct 24, 2006 at 10:32 AM
Hi,

i installed the current release and made my own Language File (german).

I noticed that many parts are not included in the XML-File. So my Forum is now a mix of English and German. Should i post examples or is this a known issue?

Also German Chars like äüö are not Supportet.. if i use them at the XLM-File the webpart does not run anymore.

Regards

Lars
Nov 1, 2006 at 5:18 AM
Is your file in UT8 format?
Nov 1, 2006 at 5:18 AM
:-) Sorry...

UTF-8 format