ID/Password prompt when add web part

Topics: User Forum
Jul 10, 2006 at 5:05 AM
Anyone has fixed on this issue yet?

This webpart seem to be very nice if I can get this to work
Jul 11, 2006 at 2:53 PM
Please refer this post... same issue

http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=SPFORUMS&ForumId=75&ThreadId=352

Jul 12, 2006 at 4:25 AM
I refer back to that issue but it look like there are no solutions there either.

I am interested in the solution. Not where other people post the same problem.

something to do with domain account?

Anyone has solution or any information about this?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2006 at 1:57 PM
So far it has been noted that this problem appears when you're running on a domain controller (or at least appears to be). Is that your case?
Jul 12, 2006 at 3:35 PM
My server is not a DC but participate in a AD domain.
Jul 13, 2006 at 1:34 AM
I am sure that we use domain controller. Will you fix this to support DC? Lot of people want to use your product. I even try the one on your site which use dotnetnuke. It is look good and everybody in my team love it.

Hope you can fix this for us.

Thanks
Jul 13, 2006 at 6:07 AM
I install on the server which is fully trust in domain and it is working fine now.

Testing it right now and look very good so far.

Is this an open source?
If so, where can I get source code?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2006 at 11:36 AM
Yes, the source will be available. At this point I'm trying to use Team Foundation to get it uploaded, but might just break down and zip it up or something.
Jul 18, 2006 at 2:57 PM
thepoko,

what do you mean by full trust? where to set it?
Jul 21, 2006 at 6:43 AM
So.. Full Trust eh? I'm having the same problem, and it would be great to find out what's causing it.

I don't suppose it's related (somehow) to this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329986

Jul 24, 2006 at 6:38 PM
What's up all,
I think I have the resolution for you...Not sure if it is the best way to do things, since I am new to SPS setup...But I was having the Username and Password prompt also...Thought I would find the answer here, but actually I found it in the FAQs (4th FAQ).

I checked the app pool that is running my Portal. Went to the Identity tab and set it to "Local System" (it was network). A warning comes up about the potential of the system being open, but this is a dev machine so I don't really care about that.
On the live system, you might want to do the advance configuration, which you can assign a specific account to run the pool.

After that it ran just fine.

I hope I could be some help to ya all.
Aug 30, 2006 at 3:01 PM
I have the same problem, but I can't resolve it by changing AppPool from "Network Service" to "Local System" because the page with this web part becomes unavailable after I change it back to "Network Service".
So, if anybody knows another way to add this web part, please tell me and everybody.
Aug 31, 2006 at 8:51 AM
If you are using a network service for your application pool then you need to make the 'NT Authority\Network Service' user part of the local administrators group.
Aug 31, 2006 at 2:03 PM
Is it safely?
Sep 1, 2006 at 8:05 AM
2drnhdg
I can't find such user, how can add it to the local administrators group?
Sep 2, 2006 at 4:54 PM
After I added Network Service to administrative group, every authenticated user can change everything, so this is bad idea.
Sep 6, 2006 at 9:02 AM
i still got the same problem (even with the latest version)

any news on this porblem?