Ordering of forums and count of forums

Topics: User Forum
Jul 11, 2006 at 1:31 PM
A very minor issue.

I'm going to put the forums on our live server and make the service live to all our users. I'm sure I'll get some people coming forward saying they want their categories to appear first/high in the list on the menu page, and there is no way of changing the order (they are displayed in the order they are created).

So I thought I'd create a whole bunch of 'dummy' categories, with no topics. These aren't displayed on the menu page, but if I leave some spare, I can use them to create some categories high up on the menu page.

So I created several dummy categories (A,B,C,D etc). As they didn't have any topics, they didn't display.

The minor issue I have is that the count at the bottom of the page, counting the number of forums, includes them even if they are not displayed.

Minor problem, and I have brought it on myself. I just thought I'd mention it.
Jul 11, 2006 at 1:57 PM
Ah - I reported the problem too soon. If I use the 'recalculate totals' button, the count retunrs to the correct figures. Sorry.
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2006 at 4:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Interesting workaround you created. There is a feature for setting the ordering of categories and forums but not sure if it's slotted for the next release or not, but it'll make it in there eventually and hopefully make it easier for you in the future.