Can't post or reply

May 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM
I can see the forum and everything works except the post button , reply and cancel button. Can someone help
May 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM
I've got the same Problem with MOSS 2007 SP1 (MUI German/English).
May 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Same problem also. Can't create a new post, or cancel. MOSS SP1 English. I am able to create new forums but if I click new post, then type something in and try to click post or cancel at the bottom of the page, nothing happens. No egg timer or loading bar, just nothing.

May 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I have the same problem.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I had the same problem.... but now.. it works.

Also - i put the Script part inside the Page and not inside the master.page - so it works. Inside the master.page - not.

Bye

Markus

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Hi markus,

Thanks for the reply but i still fail to do post. Do you mean we have to insert the script inside the defaultlayout.aspx? I'm using blankpagelayout.aspx for the forum. I'd tried to put the script inside the layout page just after the </table> and i'd also tried to put script just before masterpage </form> tag but still fail.

It's really drive me crazy.

##########################################

OK. I got it work. The problem is with AJAX which I'm not installing it. I have internet and intranet site. What i'd done is install the AJAX in the intranet site web.config and put the script in both site  masterpage and the site page (Not sure which one is giving impact).

Only now the problem is post counting. It's not counting at all, all shows zero post. Can any body help?

Thanks markus for the idea.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM

FYI, I did a similar thing at first. I placed the javascript code both in the local site's default.master and the main site's default.master. I believe the local master does not fire the javascript. It must be in the main default.master. The reason I know this is because I forgot to check in and approve the changes to the main default.master. The site worked perfectly for anyone listed as a system administrator, but even the local site administrator could not post or cancel. Once I remembered to approve the changes, then everyone got to post OK.