nice idea, not good install or docs

Topics: Bug Hunt, Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM
I thought I installed 1.2 by running the *.msi on our test/eval server, then restarted IIS, it does not show up anywhere in the site for adding it as a webpart.

This project needs a better installer and better documentation, particularly documentation of the installation.

Thank you, Tom
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM

tlyczko wrote:
I thought I installed 1.2 by running the *.msi on our test/eval server, then restarted IIS, it does not show up anywhere in the site for adding it as a webpart.

This project needs a better installer and better documentation, particularly documentation of the installation.

Thank you, Tom

Tom,

The web part should show up after running the MSI so not sure what's going on there. I'll look at updating the documentation to align with how things behave (or should behave) but let me know if that part of the wiki isn't correct. Any installation documentation will be kept on the wiki here.
Mar 2, 2007 at 4:40 PM
No, the web part is not visible anywhere.
When I want to make a web part page, SP wants to know what document library I want it in.
And the 1.1 instructions were not helpful.
Thanks, Tom
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2007 at 2:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 8688. You may wish to continue further discussion there.