Moss 2007 and the Sharepoint Forums 1.2.0.0

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 20, 2007 at 8:57 AM
I've deployed the Sharepoint Forums 1.2 release to my single server installation of Sharepoint Server 2007. Everything deployed as per the documentation however the javascript call for the Post and Cancel buttons just doesn't do anything.

Am I to assume Moss 2007 and v 1.2.0.0 of Forums are not compatible?

Please help.
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:37 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2007 at 3:37 PM
I added this to the end (just before the </BODY> tag) of my default.master page for each page I had the forum on, and it worked on WSSv3 (2007).

<script>
function ProcessOwsForm(ctl, argument)
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
var LcantSaveText = "This form cannot be saved when previewing this page.";
window.alert(LcantSaveText);
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
var theForm = document.forms'aspnetForm';
__doPostBack2(ctl, argument);
}
}
function __doPostBack2(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theForm.submit();
}
</script>

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:42 PM
If you add this code to the default.master page all functions of the forum work correctly and with no errors? How long have you been running the forum on 2007? You just added this code to the default.master page, so for each forum you add you will need to add this code correct? Thank you for your help.
Nov 21, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Please help... I'm very new to Sharepoint. My company is using Team Foundation Server, so we now have a SharePoint running.

I need someone to point me to what files I have to change to get the posting to work. This discussion board is so much better that the junk from Microsoft. I need to get it working ASAP.

I don't understand "add this code to the default.master page". The Sharepoint directories are all over on the server and I'm not sure what to change.

I'm so sorry to waste everyone's time with what is probably a silly question. Thanks for helping a newbie -- me.

Mike
Nov 22, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Hi obsid,

I tried to add this new javascript code to default.master, but old ProcessOwsForm function was still there:

<script>
function ProcessOwsForm(ctl, argument)
{
if (frm.fPreviewMode)
{
var LcantSaveText = "This form cannot be saved when previewing this page.";
window.alert(LcantSaveText);
return;
}
if (frm.FValidate(true))
{
frm.FPostProcess();
__doPostBack(ctl, argument);
}
}
</script>

Therefore a new function not executed on clicks post or cancel. Am I misunderstand something?

Thanks in advance.