Installing the Web Part (version 1.1)
These are the installation instructions for version 1.1 of the SharePoint Forums Web Part. As of version 1.1 there is now an MSI package that will do the installation for you.
NOTE: Version 1.1 is currently a GAC only install, that is, you cannot install it to the BIN directory like the previous version (well, you could but you'll need to a lot of manual effort to make it work). At this point this is the
installation available. For those that are feeling icky
about a GAC install there will be an update so you can install both (with a new custom policy file).
- Step 1
- Download the SharePointForums-18.104.22.168.MSI from the Releases tab
- Step 2
- Run the MSI on your SharePoint server. You may choose to install it on all virtual servers or just specify a single one.
- Step 3
- When prompted to install the assemblies to the GAC, choose Yes.
- Step 4
- Reset Internet Information Services (IIS) on the SharePoint server. Alternately, you can recycle the Application Pool.
- Step 5
- Browse to a WSS site and click on Modify Shared Page. Click on Add Web Parts then
Browse. Select the Virtual Server Gallery and locate the SharePoint Forums Web Part from the gallery. Add it to your page.